Follow the USA road trip! Get blog updates via e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:
Oregon Hiking Trails
Oregon is the 10th largest State, with 96,003 sq. miles of land.
Oregon's largest cities include Portland, Eugene, Salem, Gresham, and Beaverton.
Oregon shares a border with California, Idaho, Nevada, and Washington.
Did you know that ...
You may also be interested to know that ...
- The Oregon State Bird is the Western Meadowlark.
- The Oregon State Flower is the Oregon Grape (berberis aquifolium).
- The Oregon State Tree is the Douglas Fir (pseudotsuga menziesii).
The U.S. Flag, Oregon state flag and U.S. currency:
- The capital city of Oregon is Salem Tidbit.
- Oregon became a State on February 14, 1859 (33rd).
- Oregon's motto is "Alis Volat Propiis" (She Flies With Her Own Wings).
- Oregon's nickname is "Beaver State".
- Oregon's State song is "Oregon, My Oregon".
Access Oregon terrain maps, USGS 7.5-minute, 1:24,000-scale quadrangle (quad) series topo maps of Oregon, 15-minute, 1:63,360-scale quad series topo maps of Oregon and 30-minute quad topographic maps: Topo Maps
Choose Another State... Select a State on a Map of the United States!