Follow the USA road trip! Get blog updates via e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:
New York Parks
New York Hiking Trails
New York Campgrounds
New York (NY)
New York is the 30th largest State, with 47,224 sq. miles of land.
New York's largest cities include New York, Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse.
New York shares a border with Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Vermont.
Did you know that ...
You may also be interested to know that ...
- The New York State Bird is the Bluebird.
- The New York State Flower is the Rose (rosa).
- The New York State Tree is the Sugar Maple (acer saccharum).
The U.S. Flag, New York state flag and U.S. currency:
- The capital city of New York is Albany.
- New York became a State on July 26, 1788 (11th).
- New York's motto is "Excelsior" (Ever upward).
- New York's nickname is "Empire State" or "Excelsior State"
- New York's State song is "I Love New York".
Access New York terrain maps, USGS 7.5-minute, 1:24,000-scale quadrangle (quad) series topo maps of New York, 15-minute, 1:63,360-scale quad series topo maps of New York and 30-minute quad topographic maps: Topo Maps
Choose Another State... Select a State on a Map of the United States!