Follow the USA road trip! Get blog updates via e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:
Nevada Hiking Trails
Nevada is the 7th largest State, with 109,806 sq. miles of land.
Nevada's largest cities include Las Vegas, Reno, Henderson, North Las Vegas, and Sparks.
Nevada shares a border with Arizona, California, Idaho, Oregon, and Utah.
Did you know that ...
You may also be interested to know that ...
- The Nevada State Bird is the Mountain Bluebird.
- The Nevada State Flower is the Sagebrush (artemisia tridentata).
- The Nevada State Tree is the Single Leaf Pinon and Bristlecone Pine (pinus monophylla / pinus aristata).
The U.S. Flag, Nevada state flag and U.S. currency:
- The capital city of Nevada is Carson City.
- Nevada became a State on October 31, 1864 (36th).
- Nevada's motto is "All for our country".
- Nevada's nickname is "The Silver State" or "Sagebrush State" or "Battle Born State".
- Nevada's State song is "Home Means Nevada".
Access Nevada terrain maps, USGS 7.5-minute, 1:24,000-scale quadrangle (quad) series topo maps of Nevada, 15-minute, 1:63,360-scale quad series topo maps of Nevada and 30-minute quad topographic maps: Topo Maps
Choose Another State... Select a State on a Map of the United States!