Follow the USA road trip! Get blog updates via e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:
Mississippi Hiking Trails
Mississippi is the 31st largest State, with 46,914 sq. miles of land.
Mississippi's largest cities include Jackson, Biloxi, Greenville, Hattiesburg, and Gulfport.
Mississippi shares a border with Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Tennessee.
Did you know that ...
You may also be interested to know that ...
- The Mississippi State Bird is the Mockingbird.
- The Mississippi State Flower is the Magnolia (magnolia grandiflora).
- The Mississippi State Tree is the Magnolia (magnolia grandiflora).
The U.S. Flag, Mississippi state flag and U.S. currency:
- The capital city of Mississippi is Jackson.
- Mississippi became a State on December 10, 1817 (20th).
- Mississippi's motto is "Virtute et Armis" (By valor and arms).
- Mississippi's nickname is "Magnolia State".
- Mississippi's State song is "Go Mis-sis-sip-pi".
Access Mississippi terrain maps, USGS 7.5-minute, 1:24,000-scale quadrangle (quad) series topo maps of Mississippi, 15-minute, 1:63,360-scale quad series topo maps of Mississippi and 30-minute quad topographic maps: Topo Maps
Choose Another State... Select a State on a Map of the United States!