Follow the USA road trip! Get blog updates via e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:
Minnesota Hiking Trails
Minnesota is the 14th largest State, with 79,617 sq. miles of land.
Minnesota's largest cities include Minneapolis, Saint Paul, Bloomington, Duluth, and Rochester.
Minnesota shares a border with Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
Did you know that ...
You may also be interested to know that ...
- The Minnesota State Bird is the Common Loon.
- The Minnesota State Flower is the Pink and white lady's-slipper (cypripedium reginae).
- The Minnesota State Tree is the Red Pine (pinus resinosa).
The U.S. Flag, Minnesota state flag and U.S. currency:
- The capital city of Minnesota is St. Paul.
- Minnesota became a State on May 11, 1858 (32th).
- Minnesota's motto is "L'Etoile du Nord" (The star of the north).
- Minnesota's nickname is "North Star State" or "Gopher State" or "Bread and Butter State".
- Minnesota's State song is "Hail! Minnesota".
Access Minnesota terrain maps, USGS 7.5-minute, 1:24,000-scale quadrangle (quad) series topo maps of Minnesota, 15-minute, 1:63,360-scale quad series topo maps of Minnesota and 30-minute quad topographic maps: Topo Maps
Choose Another State... Select a State on a Map of the United States!