Follow the USA road trip! Get blog updates via e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:
Michigan Hiking Trails
Michigan is the 22nd largest State, with 56,809 sq. miles of land.
Michigan's largest cities include Detroit, Grand Rapids, Warren, Flint, and Lansing.
Michigan shares a border with Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Wisconsin.
Did you know that ...
You may also be interested to know that ...
- The Michigan State Bird is the Robin.
- The Michigan State Flower is the Apple Blossom (pyrus coronaria).
- The Michigan State Tree is the White pine (pinus strobus).
The U.S. Flag, Michigan state flag and U.S. currency:
- The capital city of Michigan is Lansing.
- Michigan became a State on January 26, 1837 (26th).
- Michigan's motto is "Si Quaeris Peninsulam Amoenam, Circumspice" (If You Seek a Pleasant peninsula, Look About You)
- Michigan's nickname is "Great Lakes State" or "Wolverine State" or "Water Wonderland".
- Michigan's State song is "Michigan, My Michigan".
Access Michigan terrain maps, USGS 7.5-minute, 1:24,000-scale quadrangle (quad) series topo maps of Michigan, 15-minute, 1:63,360-scale quad series topo maps of Michigan and 30-minute quad topographic maps: Topo Maps
Choose Another State... Select a State on a Map of the United States!