Follow the USA road trip! Get blog updates via e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:
Indiana Hiking Trails
Indiana is the 38th largest State, with 35,870 sq. miles of land.
Indiana's largest cities include Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, Evansville, Gary, and South Bend.
Indiana shares a border with Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, and Ohio.
Did you know that ...
You may also be interested to know that ...
- The Indiana State Bird is the Cardinal.
- The Indiana State Flower is the Peony.
- The Indiana State Tree is the Tulip tree (liriodendron tulipifera).
The U.S. Flag, Indiana state flag and U.S. currency:
- The capital city of Indiana is Indianapolis.
- Indiana became a State on December 11, 1816 (19th).
- Indiana's motto is "The Crossroads of America".
- Indiana's nickname is "Hoosier State".
- Indiana's State song is "On the banks of the Wabash".
Access Indiana terrain maps, USGS 7.5-minute, 1:24,000-scale quadrangle (quad) series topo maps of Indiana, 15-minute, 1:63,360-scale quad series topo maps of Indiana and 30-minute quad topographic maps: Topo Maps
Choose Another State... Select a State on a Map of the United States!