Follow the USA road trip! Get blog updates via e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:
Illinois Hiking Trails
Illinois is the 24th largest State, with 55,593 sq. miles of land.
Illinois's largest cities include Chicago, Rockford, Aurora, Springfield, and Peoria.
Illinois shares a border with Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Kentucky, Missouri, and Wisconsin.
Did you know that ...
You may also be interested to know that ...
- The Illinois State Bird is the Cardinal.
- The Illinois State Flower is the Native Violet (viola).
- The Illinois State Tree is the White Oak (quercus alba).
The U.S. Flag, Illinois state flag and U.S. currency:
- The capital city of Illinois is Springfield.
- Illinois became a State on December 3, 1818 (21st).
- Illinois's motto is "State sovereignty, national union".
- Illinois's nickname is "Land of Lincoln" or "Prairie State".
- Illinois's State song is "Illinois".
Access Illinois terrain maps, USGS 7.5-minute, 1:24,000-scale quadrangle (quad) series topo maps of Illinois, 15-minute, 1:63,360-scale quad series topo maps of Illinois and 30-minute quad topographic maps: Topo Maps
Choose Another State... Select a State on a Map of the United States!