Follow the USA road trip! Get blog updates via e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:
Hawaii Hiking Trails
Hawaii is the 47th largest State, with 6,423 sq. miles of land.
Hawaii's largest cities include Honolulu, Hilo, Kailua, Kaneohe, and Pearl City.
Hawaii does not share a border with any other States.
Did you know that ...
You may also be interested to know that ...
- The Hawaii State Bird is the Hawaiian goose (Nene).
- The Hawaii State Flower is the Yellow Hibiscus ("pua aloalo" or "pua ma'o hau hele") / (hibiscus brackenridgei).
- The Hawaii State Tree is the Candlenut (Kukui) / (aleurites moluccana).
The U.S. Flag, Hawaii state flag and U.S. currency:
- The capital city of Hawaii is Honolulu.
- Hawaii became a State on August 21, 1959 (50th)
- Hawaii's motto is "Ua mau ke ea o ka aina I ka pono" (The life of the land is perpetuated in righteousness).
- Hawaii's nickname is "Aloha State" or "Paradise of the Pacific".
- Hawaii's State song is "Hawaii's Own" ("Hawai'i Pono'i").
Access Hawaii terrain maps, USGS 7.5-minute, 1:24,000-scale quadrangle (quad) series topo maps of Hawaii, 15-minute, 1:63,360-scale quad series topo maps of Hawaii and 30-minute quad topographic maps: Topo Maps
Choose Another State... Select a State on a Map of the United States!