Follow the USA road trip! Get blog updates via e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:
Georgia Hiking Trails
Georgia is the 21st largest State, with 57,919 sq. miles of land.
Georgia's largest cities include Atlanta, Columbus, Savannah, Macon, and Albany.
Georgia shares a border with Alabama, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
Did you know that ...
You may also be interested to know that ...
- The Georgia State Bird is the Brown Thrasher.
- The Georgia State Flower is the Cherokee Rose (rosa laevigata).
- The Georgia State Tree is the Live oak (quercus virginiana).
The U.S. Flag, Georgia state flag and U.S. currency:
- The capital city of Georgia is Atlanta.
- Georgia became a State on January 2, 1788 (4th).
- Georgia's motto is "Wisdom, justice, and moderation".
- Georgia's nickname is "Peach State" or "Goober state" or "Empire State of the South".
- Georgia's State song is "Georgia on My Mind".
Access Georgia terrain maps, USGS 7.5-minute, 1:24,000-scale quadrangle (quad) series topo maps of Georgia, 15-minute, 1:63,360-scale quad series topo maps of Georgia and 30-minute quad topographic maps: Topo Maps
Choose Another State... Select a State on a Map of the United States!