Follow the USA road trip! Get blog updates via e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:
Florida Hiking Trails
Florida is the 26th largest State, with 53,997 sq. miles of land.
Florida's largest cities include Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa, Saint Petersburg, and Hialeah.
Florida shares a border with Alabama and Georgia.
Did you know that ...
You may also be interested to know that ...
- The Florida State Bird is the Mockingbird.
- The Florida State Flower is the Orange blossom (citrus sinensis).
- The Florida State Tree is the Sabal Palmetto (cabbage palmetto).
The U.S. Flag, Florida state flag and U.S. currency:
- The capital city of Florida is Tallahassee.
- Florida became a State on March 3, 1845 (27th).
- Florida's motto is "In God We Trust".
- Florida's nickname is "Sunshine State" or "Peninsula State".
- Florida's State song is "Suwannee River".
Access Florida terrain maps, USGS 7.5-minute, 1:24,000-scale quadrangle (quad) series topo maps of Florida, 15-minute, 1:63,360-scale quad series topo maps of Florida and 30-minute quad topographic maps: Topo Maps
Choose Another State... Select a State on a Map of the United States!