Follow the USA road trip! Get blog updates via e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:
Colorado Hiking Trails
Colorado is the 8th largest State, with 103,730 sq. miles of land.
Colorado's largest cities include Denver, Colorado Springs, Aurora, Lakewood, and Fort Collins.
Colorado shares a border with Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Utah, and Wyoming.
Did you know that ...
You may also be interested to know that ...
- The Colorado State Bird is the Lark Bunting.
- The Colorado State Flower is the Rocky Mountain Columbine (Aquilegia caerulea).
- The Colorado State Tree is the Colorado Blue Spruce (picea pungens).
The U.S. Flag, Colorado state flag and U.S. currency:
- The capital city of Colorado is Denver.
- Colorado became a State on August 1, 1876 (38th).
- Colorado's motto is "Nil Sine Numine" (Nothing without Providence).
- Colorado's nickname is "Centennial State"
- Colorado's State song is "Where the Columbines Grow".
Access Colorado terrain maps, USGS 7.5-minute, 1:24,000-scale quadrangle (quad) series topo maps of Colorado, 15-minute, 1:63,360-scale quad series topo maps of Colorado and 30-minute quad topographic maps: Topo Maps
Choose Another State... Select a State on a Map of the United States!