Towering forests and incredible mountains are just hours away from beautiful beaches and deserts.
The location of California is identified on this world map.
California is the 3rd largest State, with 155,973 sq. miles of land.
California's largest cities include Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco, and Long Beach.
California shares a border with Arizona, Nevada, and Oregon.
Did you know that ...
You may also be interested to know that ...
- California's State bird is the California Valley Quail.
- California's State flower is the Golden Poppy (eschscholtzia californica).
- California's State tree is the California redwood (sequoia sempervirens).
The U.S. Flag, California state flag and U.S. currency:
- The capital city of California is Sacramento.
- California became a State on September 9, 1850 (31st).
- California's motto is "Eureka" (I have found it).
- California's nickname is "The Golden State".
- California's State song is "I Love You, California".
Access California terrain maps, USGS 7.5-minute, 1:24,000-scale quadrangle (quad) series topo maps of California, 15-minute, 1:63,360-scale quad series topo maps of California and 30-minute quad topographic maps: Topo Maps
Choose Another State... Select a State on a Map of the United States!