Follow the USA road trip! Get blog updates via e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:
Arkansas Hiking Trails
Arkansas is the 27th largest State, with 52,075 sq. miles of land.
Arkansas's largest cities include Little Rock, Fort Smith, North Little Rock, Pine Bluff, and Jonesboro.
Arkansas shares a border with Louisiana, Mississippi - Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas.
Did you know that ...
You may also be interested to know that ...
- The Arkansas State Bird is the Mockingbird.
- The Arkansas State Flower is the Apple blossom.
- The Arkansas State Tree is the Pine (pinus).
The U.S. Flag, Arkansas state flag and U.S. currency:
- The capital city of Arkansas is Little Rock.
- Arkansas became a State on June 15, 1836 (25th).
- Arkansas's motto is "Regnat Populus" (The people rule).
- Arkansas's nickname is "The Natural State" or "Land of Opportunity" or "Wonder State".
- Arkansas's State song is "Arkansas Oh, Arkansas".
Access Arkansas terrain maps, USGS 7.5-minute, 1:24,000-scale quadrangle (quad) series topo maps of Arkansas, 15-minute, 1:63,360-scale quad series topo maps of Arkansas and 30-minute quad topographic maps: Topo Maps
Choose Another State... Select a State on a Map of the United States!