Follow the USA road trip! Get blog updates via e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:
Arizona Hiking Trails
Arizona is the 6th largest State, with 113,642 sq. miles of land.
Arizona's largest cities include Phoenix, Tucson, Mesa, Glendale, and Scottsdale.
Arizona shares a border with California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Utah.
Did you know that ...
You may also be interested to know that ...
- The Arizona State Bird is the Cactus Wren.
- The Arizona State Flower is the Saguaro cactus blossom (carnegiea gigantea).
- The Arizona State Tree is the Palo verde (cercidium).
The U.S. Flag, Arizona state flag and U.S. currency:
- The capital city of Arizona is Phoenix.
- Arizona became a State on February 14, 1912 (48th).
- Arizona's motto is "Ditat Deus" (God enriches).
- Arizona's nickname is "Grand Canyon State".
- Arizona's State song is "Arizona".
Access Arizona terrain maps, USGS 7.5-minute, 1:24,000-scale quadrangle (quad) series topo maps of Arizona, 15-minute, 1:63,360-scale quad series topo maps of Arizona and 30-minute quad topographic maps: Topo Maps
Choose Another State... Select a State on a Map of the United States!