Follow the USA road trip! Get blog updates via e-mail. Enter your e-mail address:
Alabama Hiking Trails
Alabama is the 28th largest State, with 50,750 sq. miles of land.
Alabama's largest cities include Birmingham, Mobile, Montgomery, Huntsville, and Tuscaloosa.
Alabama shares a border with Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, and Tennessee.
Did you know that ...
You may also be interested to know that ...
- The Alabama State Bird is the Yellowhammer.
- The Alabama State Flower is the Camellia.
- The Alabama State Tree is the Southern Pine (pinus palustris).
The U.S. Flag, Alabama state flag and U.S. currency:
- The capital city of Alabama is Montgomery.
- Alabama became a State on December 14, 1819 (22nd).
- Alabama's motto is "Audemus Jura Nostra Defendere" (We Dare Defend Our Rights).
- Alabama's nickname is "Heart of Dixie" or "Cotton State".
- Alabama's State song is "Alabama".
Access Alabama terrain maps, USGS 7.5-minute, 1:24,000-scale quadrangle (quad) series topo maps of Alabama, 15-minute, 1:63,360-scale quad series topo maps of Alabama and 30-minute quad topographic maps: Topo Maps
Choose Another State... Select a State on a Map of the United States!